I know many vegans that consider their chocolate chip cookies to be their favorite go-to vegan snack and frankly, I honestly don’t know of a better comfort food. With my recipe that only requires 5 ingredients and doesn’t take much time at all, also the fact that they are super delicious and not that un-healthy, it’s my perfect go-to vegan snack I like to make in the early Friday night evening with my fluffy slippers, ‘gonna watch a Netflix marathon kind of comfort’. Need I say any more?
It’s been awhile since I’ve baked or indulged in the scrumptiousness of homemade cookies – way too long, in fact. So tonight (since it’s a Friday) I decided to tie up my apron, roll up my sleeves and start some vegan baking, and there is nothing easier than my favorite healthy vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe. With this six-step recipe, you’ll have soft and chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies to serve and enjoy in no time.
This easy vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe has only 5 ingredients and require just 15 minutes of your time to evolve into perfection. And as a bonus, this recipe uses healthy, all natural ingredients you won’t find in many other homemade vegan chocolate chip cookie recipes, so you won’t feel guilty about your choice to eat a cookie (or maybe five…..)!
So if you are wondering how to make vegan chocolate chip cookies, you’ll know in under 5 minutes! Let’s get started!
POPULAR THIS MONTH: Dairy Free Vegan Chocolate
Click Here For: Vegan Soft Molasses Cookies
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easy 5 Ingredient Recipe
● Total Preparation Time: 5 minutes
● Cooking Time: 10 minutes
● 240g chickpeas
● 1/4 cup coconut sugar
● 1/2 cup almond butter
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 175℃ and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Thoroughly drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas before using. I prefer quickly soaking them in water for about an hour or leaving them to soak overnight before use, because this can actually help make them more digestible.
3. Mix the chickpeas, coconut sugar, baking powder and almond butter in a blender, making sure to scrape down the sides a few times. Mix together until the ingredients are thoroughly combined, it should resemble your average cookie dough.
4. Add in the chocolate chips and fold into the dough.
5. Roll the cookie dough into balls and flatten out onto the baking tray.
6. Bake for about 101-5 minutes, or until you get a nice golden-brown color. Remember, as with all baking, the longer you bake it, the crisper it becomes, therefore if you want your vegan cookies to be soft and chewy, bake them for less time.
7. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before serving.