Vegan food has became very popular nowadays, even for non-vegans that are slowly starting to experiment with vegan recipes. This recipe is an example where it’s full of healthy vegetables and vegan sauce, there is no reason it shouldn’t be vegan.
Even if you aren’t a vegan, this veggie fajita is a healthy, easy and super delicious recipe to make at home! This is an excellent step in the right direction. As a vegan advocate myself, I couldn’t ask for more. I know that people with go vegan only with time, and the more that I can provide healthy and alternative vegan dishes and recipe ideas, I feel that I am giving the absolute best advice I can give. Like I mentioned in a previous blog post, the best way to influence is by action and example. Anyway, I’m getting side-tracked…let’s get onto this vegan quesadilla recipe.
People are getting healthier and more conscious about helping not only the environment, but also the animals. If you think eating vegan means only eating vegetables, think again. There are endless recipes of vegan meals and they can be very delicious and easy to cook (like my no bake vegan cookies). You don’t need to stop eating what you always liked, there’s always a way of adapting a recipe.
Today, we are going to teach you how to cook a traditional food from the Mexican cuisine, but vegan / vegetarian style. If you like Mexican food, this is an amazing recipe for you. But if you want to try Mexican food too, it’s very easy and fast to cook. This vegan and vegetarian quesadilla recipe is perfect for eating at home with friends or family, for lunch or dinner. Additionally, if you have kids and they bring friends to your house, this recipe can turn into a delicious and nutritive vegan snack. It’s a very quick recipe. Let’s start cooking! For more Mexican food inspiration, check out these Nachos or Tacos recipes.
RELATED: Salsa Fresca Recipe
Vegan & Vegetarian Fajita Quesadilla Recipe
Made Out of Healthy and Delicious Veggies
For the Fajita Quesadillas
As this vegan quesadilla recipe is very easy and simple, you’re going to need these ingredients:
- Red and yellow bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- 1 large zucchini
- ½ cup grated vegan cheddar
- ½ cup grated vegan mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper
- 1 bunch scallions
- 8 flour tortillas
- Vegan butter or extra virgin olive oil
for the Chipotle cream
To make your Vegan Chipotle Cream, you’re going to need only 2 ingredients:
- 1 can of Chipotle Chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 cup of vegan mayonnaise
If you would prefer a red tomato based sauce, you can substitute the chipotle cream with this vegan enchilada sauce which you can get the recipe for over at TheTortillaChannel. I haven’t tried it yet but it’s looks deliciously yummy as it’s made of a range of delicious spices and herbs.
To make the veggie fajitas
- First of all, toss the oil, bell peppers, onion, zucchini and lemon pepper in a bowl.
- You can mix all the vegetables.
- After doing it, season it with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat and add all the vegetables of the bowl there. You won’t need oil because we already used it inside the bowl. Cook them until it’s soft and charred.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the vegetables cool.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and mix it up with the cheese and scallions.
- Now, you can fill the tortilla with the cheese and vegetables. Fill it until you think it’s necessary. Repeat this step with the other tortillas.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat and add a a bit of vegan butter or oil. In this step, you can cook two quesadillas the same time inside the pan. Wait until the cheese is melted.
- Cut the avocado and scoop it out with a spoon. Slice it up and add a little salt.
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan and cut it up in 3 (three) sizes.
- Top all the quesadillas with avocado. Make sure that every slice has a bit of avocado in the top.
For the Vegan chipotle cream
- Throw the vegan mayonnaise inside a bowl and add chipotle.
- Mix the chipotle with the mayo and add a little salt and pepper.
- In the end, add the chipotle cream on top of the quesadillas and it’s ready for eating!