WHO SAID YOU HAVE TO HAVE DAIRY IN YOUR SMOOTHIE? WE ALL KNOW DAIRY ISN’T HEALTHY SO WHY ARE WE STILL MAKING SMOOTHIES WITH IT? PLANT BASED MILKS ARE SO READILY AVAILABLE FOR US, ARE SO HEALTHY AND ARE SO YUMMY, WHETHER YOU ARE VEGAN OR NOT, YOU SHOULD START MAKING YOUR SMOOTHIES, ESPECIALLY THIS ONE, WITHOUT MILK!
Everybody knows how it’s important to include fruits and vegetables in a diet, even if you’re vegan or not. However, we all know how amazing a vegan diet is as a way to improve your health (amongst other things which I have discussed here). If you’re a vegan, or are thinking of switching over to being a vegan and eating a plant based diet, it’s important to remember that you need to plan your meals and snacks, you can’t rely on getting 100% vegan meals and snacks on the go.
Eating vegan doesn’t require you to stop eating all the foods you like.
THERE’S ALWAYS A WAY OF CREATING A NEW VERSION OF SOMETHING YOU ENJOY ALREADY AND ADAPT RECIPES YOU FIND OR THAT YOU ONCE LOVED BEFORE BEING VEGAN. THIS RAW VEGAN SMOOTHIE IS AN EXAMPLE OF THAT.
It’s not only important we cook healthy vegan meals, but also healthy vegan snacks. One of my favorite snacks that I love to enjoy are healthy vegan smoothies like vegan banana smoothie, mango smoothie and other fruit smoothies. Besides, vegan or not, most people love drinking smoothies, and also drink them as a snack.
They are delicious, nutritious, healthy, fast to make and sweet. One of the best parts of the smoothie it’s how easy it’s for you to make it and mix with other fruits. They are perfect for all the seasons of the year, you can pretty much made a vegan smoothie anytime you wish.
Need another refreshing smoothie for a summer’s day? Check out some of my awesome vegan recipes from breakfast ideas to vegan pancakes, vegan desserts and sweet to simple grocery list and recipes for beginners.
BANANA SMOOTHIE WITHOUT MILK
A CRUELTY FREE, SWEET & DELICIOUS VEGAN BANANA SMOOTHIE
Vegan smoothies are a very efficient way of including more fruits in your diet. Smoothies are a great option for a quick breakfast or snack in the morning, afternoon or night. Again, this a good option to show to a non-vegan and they aren’t going to believe it’s vegan! If you always loved smoothies, became a vegan or want to try vegan meals, this is a great recipe for you to learn because it’s easy, quick to make, nutritious and if you’re in a rush in the morning, it’s a great option for a breakfast.
This is a recipe of banana smoothie without milk or with milk (you decide) and it’s not only super delicious, but also a energy booster and with a lot of fiber. Not only is it delicious but it includes a lot of calcium and iron. All these ingredients are easy to find! Soon, I will also be sharing some more summer smoothie ideas including a mango smoothie.
Note: If you want to make this banana smoothie completely without milk, follow the recipe below. If you want to make it with plant milks instead of dairy milk, substitute the measure of water below for non-diary milks from the highest quality plant based milks you should be drinking.
- 2 cups of filtered water of if you want it to be more filling use the non-dairy milks as suggested above
- 5 cups of sesame seeds or oats
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 small bananas
- A pinch of coarse Celtic sea salt
- Maple Syrup (it’s optional – only if you want it sweeter)
- For even more sweetness, read to the end of my recipe below for some more sweet ideas
- Or another idea, for more protein, you can additionally add plant based protein powder to make your smoothie thicker and more nutritious!
(Check whether your milk is fresh or has gone bad and then use for the recipe. Check it here)
- First, for this recipe, you’re going to add two cups of water inside the blender.
- After, add half of a metric cup of sesame seeds or oats. Also add one teaspoon of vanilla extract and three bananas. The more ripe the bananas, the sweeter your vegan smoothie will be!
- Now, add a pinch of coarse Celtic sea salt. The salt is going to bring out the sweetness. If you want it even sweeter, add in the maple syrup aswell.
- Blend it for some minutes, until the mixture is very creamy and smooth.
- If you want, you can add a teaspoon of vegan peanut butter or more fruits.
IT’S GOING TO BE DELICIOUS. PERFECT AS A VEGAN BREAKFAST OR VEGAN SNACK IS SERVED WITHIN MINUTES!