I REMEMBER AMIDST MY VEGAN TRANSITIONAL PHASE, I WOULD OFTEN WONDER ABOUT THE THINGS THAT I WOULD BE COMPELLED TO MISS OUT ON… ONLY TO FIND EVEN BETTER AND TASTIER FOOD AND VEGAN PRODUCTS THAT I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW EXISTED BEFORE. AND ONE OF THOSE THINGS WAS PLANT-BASED MILKS. BEFORE THAT, I WAS AN ADDICTED DAIRY MILK CONSUMER.
Not only are these healthier for you, they do not involve any animal cruelty and taste even better. Yes! The vegan world is full of surprises. Living as a vegan is a fantastic lifestyle that has a plethora of options to devour and discover. Dive in to experience the awesomeness of choosing dairy free and cruelty free milk instead but looking at these vegan milk alternatives.
It is said that milk and other dairy products are the best and easiest source of vitamin B12 and so, vegans are prone to have vitamin B12 deficiency. But, it is a myth as vegans can get vitamin B12 from various sources other than non-vegan products.
In today’s blog post, I will not only talk about the best plant based milks that you can substitute and use as an alternative for dairy milk, but also about the cruelty in dairy and why we should all be drinking plant based milks instead.
And if you aren’t vegan already, I understand how you have been feeling, trudging down on dodgy roads of a non-vegan lifestyle for years (if you’re a newbie that is), so if you aren’t or you are a newbie, welcome on board the vegan road.
As a beginner in Veganism, it feels like a lot of sacrifices and things that you should have known before going vegan but believe me, there is always an alternate way to everything good in life. The better way! The way that leads you to what you want without hurting anyone in the process. Isn’t that what you want? Isn’t that something worth abiding by?
Having being a milk lover all my life, I need milk every day. To be really candid, I cannot really live without it. So when I transitioned to being vegan, it is one thing I thought of that I couldn’t live without. But once I learned the truth about diary, I knew I could live without it. At one point I doubted my judgment, when suddenly I encountered a gamut of Vegan alternatives to milk. I nearly shouted “Eureka!” in a room full of people HAHA (I was at a cafe at the time).
Yes, we can live without bothering animals at all. Shunning a lifestyle that has been so far illustrative of our monstrous sub-consciousness! If you were smitten by milk too like me here are exceptional non dairy milk alternatives that will let you get on the milk bandwagon again without harming or hurting any animal in the process.
Sourcing plant based milks is easier than ever now, and as my beautiful vegan friend, Anjuli, that lives in the UK, writes about, there is plenty of non-diary drinks made by large well-known brands.
AND THAT ARE 200% BETTER FOR YOU THAN DIARY. WHAT IS BETTER IS THE FACT THAT YOU PACK IN A LOT MORE NUTRIENTS THAN CRUELTY DAIRY WILL EVER PROVIDE.
WHY SHUN CRUELTY DAIRY?
It is no secret that animal dairy products have been causing dairy allergies all across the globe. Do you want to get sick or stay healthy? That question should literally decide your choice. Some of the other crucial reasons why you should say no to dairy products are:
1. Cow’s milk is meant for calves: Stepping into the vegan-wagon you are already acquainted with this apparent fact. You don’t want to snatch what’s meant to be. Why would you want to take a dig at nature?
2. Hormonal imbalance: Often animals find themselves under the radar of big steroid injections and hormones to make them produce milk. It cause’s negative effect on humans as our internal structure isn’t designed to withhold such powerful hormonal increases due to hormones animals receive.
3. Animals eat inappropriate food: You know what a cow is made to gorge upon? All sorts of weird stuff that ranges from chicken manure to cottonseed, pesticides to antibiotics and animal products. Just imagine consuming all that directly..and if you aren’t vegan yet and you are still consuming diary, you are consuming all of these!
4. Chances of Osteoporosis: According to study, countries where dairy consumption is more, victims of osteoporosis are also higher.
5. Acid forming products: When a large consumption of dairy products is consumed, it metabolizes in your body to form excessive acid which in turn forces your bones to balance the overall acid content. Result: bones can go fragile!
6. A scary dairy world, isn’t it? It is best you can do is to step into the world of vegan daily free milk alternatives that are nutrient rich and do not entail any of the above mentioned complications.
MILK ALTERNATIVES TO WORSHIP YOUR VEGANISM
Tons of vegan friendly diary options are available to get you out of being an arrogant dairy milk consumer and into the cruelty free globe that it will soon be if everyone transitions over. Here are some of the finest milk substitutes for vegans:
VEGAN MILK ALTERNATIVES
“DIARY FREE, HEALTHY & NATURAL”
With a promise of the bountiful Alpha Linoleic acid that cuts down the effect of inflammation and skin diseases, flax milk is actually a really creamy and delicious milk substitute for vegans.
Already aware of how beneficial oats are? Oat milk packs in ample protein and helps in increasing your good cholesterol levels. It also has Vitamin D which is great for your bones.
A powerhouse of some crucial minerals like manganese, copper, selenium, zinc and iron, coconut milk is low on sugar to keep your health in check and great way to avoid becoming a diabetic. The whole world uses it as a food ingredient too because of it’s sumptuous flavor. Here is a coconut milk powder that makes magnificent milk for vegans.
You know how rich soy is in protein? Its milk carries forward all the extraordinary qualities of soy. It has plenty of calories and negligible cholesterol content. Blend it in to make tasteful smoothies! There is also this yummy chocolate variant.
Gain “nut-rients” galore by going for the delicious nut milk. Put it in your cereal and you will see it literally define the word “scrumptious”. If you wish to rake in all benefits imparted by nut with great taste, the following nut milk has got you covered to make your own nut milk at home (something I totally recommend!).
The easily available wonder is dairy and gluten free. What is even better is the fact that rice being cheap, the cruelty free milk goes easy on your pockets. It is rich in both carbohydrates and protein and will help you to keep your tummy in check.
What are you waiting for? Time to pamper your milk-buds with these delicious dairy free and cruelty free yummy and healthy vegan milk alternatives. You can prepare different recipes with these healthy vegan milk like banana smoothie, mango smoothie, cakes and many other things!