Are you looking for the vegan banana muffin recipe with a little sweet addition such as chocolate? These vegan banana chocolate chip muffins are my go-to breakfast I like to make if I am feeling a little on the naughtier side.
You all know by now, I do have a big sweet tooth. The good thing with vegan breakfast muffins is that you can make them as healthy or as healthily-sweet as you like. For a healthier version, omit the vegan chocolate chips and you have healthy and yummy vegan banana muffins. Also, there is a sweet ingredient that is a secret of mine that I use to make my muffins (and vegan desserts) naturally sweet. Read the ingredients list and recipe below to find out!
You can adapt this recipe to your style, using and trying new ingredients, for example, different fruits or even coconut chips or dried fruits. I came across this banana muffin recipe that incorporates raisins, nuts and seeds, so if this is more your type, check it out! It’s definitely a healthy option also. Whatever you choose, banana muffins are not only delicious, but they pretty much take up no time at all. They are great to make all in one go, say on a Sunday night and take them to work during the week, not just as a vegan breakfast, but as a vegan snack to munch on during the day.
This recipe is going to give you 12 muffins. If you want to make more, double all the ingredients of the recipe.
TRENDING NOW: HEALTHY DAIRY FREE VEGAN CHOCOLATE
Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
“Delicious & Healthy Vegan Breakfast Muffins”
For the Blender
- 250 ml of plant based milk (you can try to adapt it and use other kinds of vegan milk)
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp of white vinegar
- 10 whole medjool dates pitted (for sweetness – my secret ingredient)
Dry Mixture Ingredients
- 1.25 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 0.5 tsp of sea salt
- 1 cup of bananas ripe and mashed (you can use 3 bananas)
- 0.5 cup of vegan chocolate chips
Are you ready?! Let’s start it now!
1. We are going to start with the liquid part of the muffin recipe. Inside the blender, put the soy milk or any kind of vegan milk you prefer. After that, you can add the the pitted medjools. This is going to give to the muffin a nice sweet flavor.
2. Add two teaspoons of vanilla extract and one teaspoon of white vinegar.
3. Blend it for a minute.
4. For the next stage, you’re going to pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees/ 350 F. For the dry ingredients, you’re going to grab a new bowl and add 1 and ¼ of whole wheat flour. In this bowl, add 1 tablespoon of baking powder. Now add ½ teaspoon of coarse baking sea salt.
5. Mix all them inside the bowl. Now, mesh in three ripe bananas. It’s important to be ripe bananas because the sweeter the bananas, the sweeter your muffins.
6. Now, if you want to add the vegan chocolate chips, add them in now.
7. Mix all the ingredients together, until the consistency looks like this.
8. Spread the mixture evenly until you have 12 muffins.
9. Put inside the oven and leave it there for 20 minutes. If you think it needs cooking longer, leave it in, however constantly check every 5 minutes to avoid burning them. After removing them from the oven, wait for them cool and the muffins will be ready to be eaten shortly after.
There you have it. Vegan Muffins that are popular for breakfast, as a vegan snack or an after dinner delight. Give this vegan muffin recipe and try and let me know how you decide to do it, did you add the vegan chocolate chips, or did you make it with raisins, nuts or seeds, or just plain banana?